All in one rev 4.2 clock issue

More
2 months 1 week ago #12652 by Ty_Eeberfest
I have no idea why trying to read the HV is making the HV generator shut down. That is just plain weird!

Another dumb question: what does "Rev. 4.2" signify, as opposed to just "Rev. 4"" I don't have an All-In-One here to look at, I'm going by pictures only, and all pictures show "Rev 4 14/11/2019 on the boards. I just want to be sure I'm looking at the right documentation.

So... your readings of HVD on Pin 15 show that the Atmega is either turning off the HV purposely or failing to keep it turned on (e.g. Atmega crashing). Not sure which yet. When the HV dies are there ANY signs of life, maybe the separator "tick" LEDs blinking or the RGB LEDs under the tubes doing some color patterns?

If there are no life signs then the Atmega is probably crashing and my first idea would be to check the crystal and its 2 load capacitors. Check that you have the right capacitors in the right places - people have been known to mix up C5 C6 and C7 with bizarre results. Do a Reset then try poking the crystal with your finger while the tubes are counting, see if that causes it to fail (but remember that the counting will normally shut off on its own after 60 sec).

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #12653 by PhillV_76
Hi, sorry my mistake just rev 4 board.
When the HV dies all the tubes and indicators die, the LEDs are still on ( solid RED ) , I'll check everything again and check crystal etc.

More
2 months 1 week ago #12654 by Ty_Eeberfest
Do you have a WiFi module installed in the clock? If so, when the HV dies and the LEDs go solid red, access the WiFi module clock settings page and try to change the LEDs to a different color. I think the Atmega is crashing, in which case the LEDs won't change color when commanded from the WiFi module. Trying it would be good to confirm my suspicions.

Also try a different power supply if you have one. I know the board say 9V on it but a 12V supply is fine too. Weak or dirty power can definitely crash an Atmega.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
2 months 1 week ago #12655 by PhillV_76
Sorry for late reply, no I don't have a WiFi module, I do have a battery rtc module attached, which keeps the time correct when power is disconnected, I'll remove that and see if that makes a difference

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com