Modular clock issue

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #12630 by roadrune
Modular clock issue was created by roadrune
Hi.

My clock have been running perfectly for nearly a year, but yesterday when i came home from work, the time was way off, both hours, minutes and seconds.

I tried to connect to the wifi module but it wasnt online at all, so i did a factory reset, connected and set it up on my network.
Got to the settings page and changed the time server to Ian's new one, and that saved fine. However it will not update the time, and all other clock settings are available, but will not save. If i change anything and save it just refresh the page to default settings.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #12632 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic Modular clock issue
Sounds like the WiFi module isn't talking to the clock anymore. A screenshot of the Summary web page would help us figure out what's doing on. Did you do any firmware updates recently?

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #12633 by roadrune
Replied by roadrune on topic Modular clock issue
Never did an update as i dont have the equipment for it.

Attachments:

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #12634 by Ty_Eeberfest
I'm a bit puzzled by the line:
Found I2C slave at 105

If there was a hardware failure preventing the WiFi module from talking to the clock I would expect that line to not be there at all. But if there is no communication problem at all it would look like:
Found I2C slave at (ping) 105

This implies a software issue, but you haven't changed the software and it was working fine until now. Odd.

Just to be sure I'm on the right track, go to the Settings page. make a change that should be immediately visible on the clock (maybe change LED effects?), save changes, and see if the change is seen on the clock. Let me know...

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #12635 by roadrune
Replied by roadrune on topic Modular clock issue
No changes seems to reach the clock.

It scrolls back to date aswell now (probably default?) and the date shown is 1/3-17...

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #12637 by Ty_Eeberfest
Yes, those sound like defaults that were set when you did the factory reset. It's clear to me that the WiFi module and the clock are not communicating. What I don't know is why that is happening. At this point I'm hoping Ian has some suggestions...

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com