Clock sometimes fails(?) on startup, with wifi module

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #12475 by goffrie
I tried the following, but it didn't seem to change much:

- Switching to another power supply: I pulled out a 12V 1.5A supply from some external hard drive (I was previously using a 12V 1A supply)
- Resoldering the 78L33. Closeup: www.dropbox.com/s/mbjlqbl7emeidx2/2021-0...%2011.38.44.jpg?dl=0
- Soldering the can of the crystal to the nearby ground. The solder job is very dodgy - I couldn't really get it to stick well to the can. However my meter does read 0.1 ohms from the can to the pad. Pic: www.dropbox.com/s/urm0crzgcjia6bg/2021-0...%2011.54.51.jpg?dl=0
- Cleaning the whole board with a toothbrush and isopropyl alcohol. New board pic: www.dropbox.com/s/zha0mi59qw44bs3/2021-0...%2011.43.03.jpg?dl=0

Thanks for all the help btw, I really appreciate it :)
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by goffrie. Reason: remove nonsense

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #12476 by Ian
Now it all looks nice and clean - I don't think we can blame it on the main board any more. It seems like a problem with the ESP-01. They are very cheap, mass produced parts and it is possible that one makes a problem.

I think the next step is to see what a substitution does. Do you want to contact me via email and I'll set up an order to deliver you a new one?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #12497 by ScarySolderer
So I have the Classic Rev 5 board and everything prior to Firmware Upgrade V1(Firmware V1 upgrade Atmel and ESP-01) worked fine. The upgrade seemed to go without problems, Captive portal configuration worked out fine.
The ESP Blue light indicates running mode status. However, "Communicating with:" indicates "Clock not found!"
“Found I2C slave at” does not appear on the summary page. Any selections made to configure the clock do not make a change in the clock. I did see something in some of the posts concerning the NTP no longer being in business (?), however, the time appears correctly on the summary page. Am I missing something?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #12503 by Ian
Cand you let me have the version number of the clock? I maybe need to build in some support for older firmware versions...

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #12506 by ScarySolderer
Sure-- The board says: Rev 5, 14/05/2020

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #12507 by Ian
No - the software version: when you first start it up it will show the version number for about 1 second: something like 00:00:49 or 00:00:56.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com