Modular clock problems

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #12500 by tgibbs99
Replied by tgibbs99 on topic Modular clock problems
Ty and Ian,

Great news! While carefully reviewing my flashing procedure, i saw the lines about having the Exact versions of libraries:
The library versions below NOTE: You need to have EXACTLY the library versions in order to get a clean compile!
#include <WiFiManager.h> // github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager (0.15.0)
#include <ArduinoJson.h> // github.com/bblanchon/ArduinoJson (5.13.2)
#include <TimeLib.h> // playground.arduino.cc/code/time (Margolis 1.5.0) // github.com/michaelmargolis/arduino_time

I made those adjustments, reflashed everything with the latest firmware from the repository, and voila! I now have 5 fully working clocks!
I'm sooooo happy!

Interestingly, the order of factory flashed chips also arrived today. On one clock, the combination of my newly flashed ESP8266 and the factory 3.01 chip resulted in the clock not found! error. Replacing the Atmega with a freshly flashed one fixed the problem.

Thanks for all your help!

Time to build some cases!

You can note this thread resolved.

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #12501 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Modular clock problems
Hi Tim, also pleased that it worked out!

I will have to check that the factory firmware matches up correctly. Thanks for the tip that something might not be right there.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #12505 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic Modular clock problems
Tim,

Thank you for the follow-up! I'm happy to hear everything is working now. A bit reiieved as well because I was pretty much out of ideas. ;)

Libraries... always fun in Arduino-land. So many people writing libraries, no real quality control, third parties can and do introduce breaking changes without notice... fun ensues. Ian does distribute the right library versions with the firmware source, BUT if you already have the latest versions of those libraries installed in the IDE (quite understandable) things get weird. Arduino IDE has some mechanism, not documented anywhere that I know of, to make choices when multiple versions of the same library are found. I guess(?) it prefers the newest version it can find which in this case is obviously wrong. Personally I'd rather it would complain and make make me correct the ambiguity but I don't control IDE development.

Anyway, I'll remember this and next time something similar comes up I'll ask about library versions early in the exchange!

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com