Modular Nixie Clock IN-8 tubes but blank tubes, only 1 RGB led + clock not found

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #12232 by ebretteville
Hye,
Just finished soldering my kit and I have coupe of problems.
When plugging in, the tubes go into the initial sequence 0-9 on each the 6 tubes. only the RGB led ot he millisecond is initializing.
In the esp module, I see clock not found. I waited 3 minutes, but nothin changed, after the initialisation, the tubes goes blank and still the milliseconds RGB led is working.
Any help?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #12234 by Ian
Could you make a short video of the first few seconds? I'm not quite sure which clock this is.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #12235 by ebretteville
Will do that tonight but in the mean time here is the order details:
Shopping cart reference: 4d136970-3cbf-11eb-8736-11d747b16d94
Ordered items:
- Item: modular_rev3_wifi, Price: 72, Description: Modular Nixie Clock Rev3 IN-14 tubes - WiFi kit, ID: 5fd53330a30a68001ce84722
- Item: tracked_shipping, Price: 6, Description: Use tracked shipping, ID: 5fd53335a30a68001ce84723
- Item: in8_tube_holder_option, Price: 0, Description: Set of 6 IN-8 tube holder boards, ID: 5fd535f4a30a68001ce84725

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #12236 by Ian
OK, now I am with you! I understand the problem. I don't think there is a need for a video.

To be sure:

All of the tubes cycle 0-9 correctly?
Only 1 of the LEDs lights?

If this is the case, did you try swapping the tube holders around?

The problem might be that the signal for the LEDs is a "daisy chain". If there is a break anywhere in the chain, the ones after will not work. The NeoPixel LEDs are quite difficult to solder. I suppose there is a problem on these.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #12237 by ebretteville
All tubes cycle correctly through 0 to 9.

I swapped the tubes holders. Only the one on the milliseconds "slot" is lighting up.

I looked at the schematic to understand how RGB Leds are wired but didn't find that they are "daisy chained". But how it can happened if it's a soldering problem if by moving and interchanging tubes holders, only the one on the right is lighting up.

Thanks for your answers

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #12238 by Ian
Hmm, I wonder if there is a problem on the socket.

Here is a picture of the connector layout on the board:

Can you check that VCC is available on the second board? Also that there is continuity between DOUT of the first one and DIN of the second one (while they are in the board, and with the power off).
Attachments:

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com