DS3231 being re-set after power outage if wi-fi not available

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #12229 by Jedidiah
I finally made my way through the setup and re-flashing of the ESP8266 with this single line of code commented out. I can confirm that this has indeed corrected the problem. Thanks for the assistance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #12230 by Ty_Eeberfest
Thanks for the follow-up, glad you got it working.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm not sure how that made it into production code. My best guess is that since having both the RTC and the WiFi installed is a somewhat uncommon (but perfectly valid) configuration it probably wasn't tested on a board with both modules installed.

Anyway... I see that Ian is subscribed to this thread, so he will see this and presumably fix it in the next release.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #12231 by Jedidiah
Yes, I would like to hear from Ian as simply commenting out this line may not be the optimal solution. What comes to mind is the situation I originally described along with an RTC whose battery was just newly installed (ie, the RTC has never been set)??

More
1 month 1 week ago #12233 by Ian
Good point. I wrote that all so long ago, I wasn't even aware that something like that was in there. It doesn't make a lot of sense, and smells a bit like a test, coming from the very early days: "hmm let's see if I can make it send a time update to the clock".

I'm going to remove it, and tag it as the new version.

Thanks for looking into it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedidiah

More
1 month 1 week ago #12241 by Ty_Eeberfest
Thanks Ian. I suspected something like that (hence the advice to try just commenting it out) but wasn't going to jump to any conclusions. I don't think I've ever powered up a previously configured WiFi module with the network unavailable, much less with an RTC involved, so I never would have noticed it.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com