Tubes blank after start up

More
3 months 1 week ago #12207 by RikSeelen
the button does nothing at all after blank...

based on (very old) forum entries, I though it also might have to something with the clock thinking the pir is connected? I measure a 5V on the PIR input pin, is that correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #12208 by Ty_Eeberfest
Okay, that proves the clock doesn't think it's supposed to be blanked. If it was thinking it was blanked the button click would have un-blanked it for a minute.

PIR pin at +5V is a good thing. The +5 is coming from the internal pull-up on the input. If the code sees that input pulled down to ground it says "oh, there is a PIR connected". Typical PIR pulls the input low for no-motion and drives it high (or floats it, letting the pull-up pull it high, depending on the specific PIR) for motion.

Since it isn't trying to blank the tubes intentionally you could take a reading at controller Pin 17 while the tubes are blanked. This is the "tick LED" output. If the controller is running it should ramp up and down, 0V to 5V (more or less), every second. Don't worry too much about the exact voltages, just see if you can read a "pulse" there. Or if you have a scope you can look on that pin for a PWM signal cycling 0% - 100% - 0% - etc.

If there is no "pulse" I think it is safe to assume the controller is crashing. If that is the case, are you equipped to compile the Arduino sketch and flash it into the contorller?

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
3 months 1 week ago #12209 by RikSeelen
There is no voltage indeed on pin 17. Crashing it is.

Unfortunately, I do not have the equipment at the moment to flash the controller...

More
3 months 1 week ago #12210 by Ty_Eeberfest
What country are you in?

More
3 months 1 week ago #12211 by RikSeelen
The Netherlands!

More
3 months 1 week ago #12212 by Ty_Eeberfest
Okay then, what we need is for Ian to look at this thread first and then ship you a new controller chip if he agrees that it's corrupted or failed. He ships from Switzerland so probably it wouldn't take long for it to get to you. I'm in America, which makes sending anything to NL rather slow and impractical.

I've emailed Ian asking him to come have a look at what we've done so far to troubleshoot.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RikSeelen

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com