Tubes blank after start up

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #12393 by Ty_Eeberfest
Of course the other component in the oscillator circuit that could be bad is the crystal itself. The problem is there is no way to test it. As soon as I touch any part of that circuit with a scope probe the oscillator goes crazy.

If you just happen to have an extra 16MHz crystal, try replacing it...

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #12394 by RikSeelen
I have one on an old, broken arduino, but they are impossible to desolder(can't get any sort of movement in them), from both the clock and the arduino, at least for me ;)

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #12395 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Tubes blank after start up
I think it's time to send you some parts, this is getting too mysterious. Which ones do you need?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #12396 by Ian
Just to say, I have an order going out for you today anyway, I'll put a good selection of components in for you...

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #12397 by RikSeelen
Hi Ian,
Thanks, yes, the other order is for a second clock I want to build as a present. I ordered your new factory printed one, my confidence in soldering a whole new one is not that high now :P

Im not sure which components might be necessary. I guess I could try replacing the crystal, and (maybe) the chip? Further more, I truly would not have a clue, maybe Ty_Eeberfest has some more suggestions.

Thanks a lot for your help, guys!
Rik

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #12398 by Ian
just attach a photo of the board, I'll give you a second copy of everything... If you prefer I can also send you a completed board, but there won't be the learning effect in that.

The MNC6 is really easy...

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com