Wifi Time error

More
2 months 3 days ago #12182 by SGottschang
Wifi Time error was created by SGottschang
My family noticed that my nixie clock has started to display the wrong time. It's not off by exactly one hour or even a 30-minute interval. When it's 1534, my clock shows 1353
I logged onto my clock through its IP address and on the summary page I had an error message in the "Time according to server" field, unfortunately, I don't remember what the original message was. I have tried to configure the time server, but the configure server page does not look exactly like the page in the setup guide. My page only has one entry field which is "URL" I have tried several time server URLs but I now get the error message "ERROR: -1 (connection refused)" in the "Time according to server" field.

Here are some of the URLs I have tried:
time1.google.com
time-a-g.nist.gov
EST5EDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0 (this was from a setup manual, maybe for a different version)
its.internet-box.ch/getTime/Europe/Zurich (which would be the wrong timezone)

I'm sure there is a simple solution, thanks for any help.
Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #12190 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Wifi Time error
Hi Scott, the people hosting the original time server sent out of business. You can update the first part of the URL used - details are in Q5 of the FAQ

www.tubeclockdb.com/forum/12-arduino-nix...asked-questions#9491

and there's a full explanation at the sticky thread:

www.tubeclockdb.com/forum/12-arduino-nix...rum/7828-time-server

Just FYI, there is also an updated WiFi module, which uses a public NTP server (so there is no special server) and is available as an update at:

www.nixieclock.biz/StoreAddOns.html

There's no push to update, the code is open and you can flash it yourself if you have the programmers available. It's purely a service if you wish to take it. No hard sell here... ;)

Hope that helps!

More
2 months 3 days ago #12191 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Wifi Time error
Oh, just reading the full message again, it seems like you were trying to configure an NTP pool, which is of course the obvious answer nowadays. When I first wrote the code for the Wifi module, the DST time correction was hard to make a general solution for, and then I discovered how to access the CLib functions to make it work properly.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com