Fried!

More
3 months 1 week ago #12057 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Fried!
I have been using a 12v 1A supply. I will pick up a 9v supply.

I tried the reset and nothing changed. No flashing, no pulsing. Just steady dim LEDs. I learned that they turn blue if I touch the other end of the controller

The only time the 7805 got hot was with the Wi-Fi connected. This was before I shorted the pins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #12058 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Fried!
If you have a way of programming a controller, we can do that, otherwise I'll send you a replacement controller and WiFi, but that will take between a week and 2 weeks to get to you.

I'm pretty sure the controller has let out the magic smoke.

More
3 months 1 week ago #12059 by BS_Jim
Replied by BS_Jim on topic Fried!
Forgive me for pointing something (maybe) obvious out. From his pictures, it appears that he has the tubes (and other supporting devices) mounted on the wrong side of the board. It wouldn't matter with the backlights and neons, but the tubes would have the numbers all wrong. Am I missing something? Maybe you added an option to the board for this and I just haven't read about it.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #12060 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Fried!
Hey Jim, yep that is new. All of the boards come right side up or upside down, depending on what you want to see from the top of the clock. I also laid it out again a bit more intelligently so that nothing sticks up too far. Makes it much easier to find a case for it... ;)
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Ian.

More
3 months 1 week ago #12061 by BS_Jim
Replied by BS_Jim on topic Fried!
Does that also include being able to mount the chips on same or opposite side from the tubes?

More
3 months 1 week ago #12062 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Fried!
Ian,
I don't expect you to send these to me for free like you offered. I appreciate the offer but you can't be responsible for my clumsiness. I think I will order another clock and you can ship them together.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com