HELP: All digits together on all tubes

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #12105 by Ty_Eeberfest

Ian wrote: I built one of these, works great!

Yeah I did too. So far so good. In addition to Arduino IDE, ESPlorer, Py-Flasher, NodeMCU Flasher all seem to work seamlessly with it. Apparently the DTR + RTS technique is well enough known that many projects are incorporating it into their software now. What's kinda pathetic is that I use ESPlorer quite a bit and never questioned what those RTS and DTR buttons on the GUI were good for...

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #12106 by MikeS
The RTS/DTR stuff is built into esptool.py and is the default, and that's what 99% (all?) of the development environments use to program an ESP (8266 or 32). What I provided works fine, but to be completely correct, GPIO0 should be tied to /DTR via a small signal diode (e.g. 1N4148), cathode toward /DTR (or a 1K resistor). That prevents stress on the GPIO0 output if the the code being programmed normally pulls GPIO0 low (/DTR normally sits high when the board isn't being programmed). In most cases, one will program the board, then remove it very soon after, so no harm, no foul. I've never had a problem caused by the simpler wiring.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com