Cannot Login to WIFI Module

More
3 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #11951 by MikeS
Replied by MikeS on topic Cannot Login to WIFI Module
Those programmers are really easy to modify so you don't have to push any buttons - the Arduino IDE will tell esptool.py to manipulate RTS and DTR to reset and place the ESP-01 into programming mode.

You just need 2 wires between the CH340G and the socket
/DTR(13 - top) to GPIO0 (right)
/RTS(14 - bottom) to RST (left)

(edit: to be completely correct, GPIO0 should be tied to /DTR via a small signal diode (e.g. 1N4148), cathode toward /DTR, or a 1K resistor)
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by MikeS. Reason: add info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #11952 by Ty_Eeberfest
Is this issue resolved with Ian sending new ESP-01 modules? Or are you still interested in re-flashing? If you want to talk more about re-flashing I need to know your responses to my earlier questions:

"Back to basics: did you know that you have to hold GPIO-0 low (grounded) as you power up the ESP in order to get into programming mode? When Arduino IDE tried to program the module, in the status window at the bottom of the IDE does it ever get past "Connecting..." and start showing "Writing at 0x0000000... (5%)" and so on? If not, and if you are sure you have GPIO-0 low, then check your port and baud rate and other settings under IDE's Tools menu."

Ian: that's one hell of a sexy knife switch!!

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #11953 by binkerd
Replied by binkerd on topic Cannot Login to WIFI Module
I finally got a programming board that works with the ESP01. I am now able to successfully download a program to the board. Unfortunately now I am having trouble compiling the WIFI code from the github archive. I have attached a copy of the compiler errors I am receiving. This could be version or library issues. Any suggestions?
Attachments:

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #11954 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Cannot Login to WIFI Module
OK, that's an easy one: The real information is here:

Multiple libraries were found for "WiFiUdp.h"
Used: C:\Users\MarkAndKaren\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.4\libraries\ESP8266WiFi
Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\WiFi

Arduino have started delivering a library with the same name, and we have to delete/move it. Just delete the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\WiFi\WiFiUdp.h"

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #11955 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Cannot Login to WIFI Module
If it's easier, I can just provide you with a compiled binary...

Let me know if that works better for you

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #11956 by judge
Replied by judge on topic Cannot Login to WIFI Module
I had one batch of ESP01 modules where roughly half of them could not be programmed at all - I tried three separate programmers. The other half could only be programmed with one of the programmers.

I have also had a ESP32 Pico D4 that was extremely temperamental about being programmed, even with the various hacks that use capacitors and pullups (or pulldowns, I don't rememeber) on the various boot pins. This seems to have been an issue with the board itself because I ended up unsoldering the ESP32 from that board to use in one of my clocks, and it behaves fine in that.

As for the LEDs on the ESP01 modules, that batch I just mentioned only had one red LED. Not at all sure what it was used for. Naturally the picture on the listing was of the regular version.

In short, I am extremely leary of the ESP01 now.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com