Classic Nixie Clock Kit question

More
4 months 2 days ago #12617 by meq123
Unfortunately, the signal I see with my meter *is* a real RCWL detection/trigger and lasts somewhere around 2-3 secs. The code I tried originally (at the blanking blank point) added 1500mS after the blank (pirLastSeen + (pirTimeout * 1000) + 1500)) and that was not enough, so I increased it to 3500mS and that worked. (I probably could have tried reducing it a little from that, but it wasn't worth the bother :) )

In other updated news, the motion detector is working fine, but at not a very high sensitivity. In our living room I sit about 11-12 feet from the clock and waving at it when it blanks has no effect. I have to move my whole body to trigger it. Walking past at 15 or so feet does not trigger either. Is this an expected range?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 days ago #12618 by Ian
Just to be sure, it is running from 5V, right, (regulated), not the input voltage.

These modules are super cheap and super variable in quality. What I have done in the past is a Zener regulator at 4.3V from the main supply. Might work?

Or a different module?

Or a PIR?

More
4 months 2 days ago #12620 by meq123
Actually, no. It's running from VIN - this was after I had the issues before (earlier in thread) where I was running from the 5V supply. It's working now, with the code changes, just not super sensitive, so I'm not sure changing the supply would fix that.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com