Classic Nixie Clock Kit question

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #11882 by meq123
Do the Classic kits (rev5/6) also include the RGB/Neo LEDs and front-panel switch/LEDs? They say everything is included except the tubes and PSU, but these off-board parts are a not discussed explicitly, either in the sale pages or the construction manuals.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #11883 by Ty_Eeberfest
The RGB LEDs (Rev. 5) or Neopixels (Rev. 6) are included. The off-board LDR for ambient light dimming is included. I'm not sure what you mean by "front panel LEDs" tho.

A tactile pushbutton switch is also included. Depending on your case design it might be all you need or you might want to get yourself a bigger beefier easier to mount switch. Up to you - the included switch is adequate but not fabulous. If you get the WiFi option it doesn't really matter because after the initial setup you'll never need to use the button again - everything can be handled via WiFi.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #11884 by meq123
Perfect! Thank you.

I misspoke when I said front-panel LED, I actually meant the PIR (for the Rev 6)

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #11885 by Ty_Eeberfest
The PIR module is not included. You may be able to order it as an add-on with the kit but I'm not sure because I can't find it on the store site (I'm not involved in sales).

Some people use one of these:
www.amazon.com/s?k=pir+module&crid=29WC5...&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_10

Or these:
www.amazon.com/s?k=RCWL-0516&ref=nb_sb_noss

I've fitted a couple of my clocks with the RCWL-0516 and it works nicely.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
6 months 1 week ago #11886 by Ian
If you ask, I usually have them in stock and they're like $0.50 each so I put them in for free. The RCWL-0516 is magic and amazes me every day...

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #11887 by meq123
Thank you both for your responses, I love the idea of that RCWL-0516 - and perhaps the radar waves will kill Covid? :)

Anyway I've ordered a Classic Rev6 now. Thanks again!
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by meq123.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com