Temperature gauge Nixie tubes

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #11507 by Marc
Goodnight people,

I searched a lot, bur i can not find a kit where i can build a nixie temperature meter with.

Does someone knows where i can get a kit so i can put the project together by myself instead of buying a assembled one?

Greetings

Marc
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago - 2 weeks 3 days ago #11510 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Temperature gauge Nixie tubes
Have a Google for I2C temperature sensor and you should get a lot of hits. There is an exposed I2C port on the board, and with a little bit of code, you can make the clock and the sensor talk to each other.

I'm not a great fan of thermometers with Nixies: They tend to show more or less the same values for long periods, and that is not great for cathode poisoning. I'd suggest alternating the display between temperature and something else - for example pressure, as given by this module:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MPL3115A2-I2C-Intelligent-Temperature-Pressure-Altitude-Sensor-V2-0-Arduino/401347067700
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Ian. Reason: Ebay link

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #11512 by Marc
Replied by Marc on topic Temperature gauge Nixie tubes
Switching between humidity or pressure is fine. I am gonna try to make an Steampunk Nixie Clock. If you search that on Youtube you will get an vert exclusive nixie project.

The project on the photo had 5 nixie tubes. The first one. Is that a special board, or is ir possible with your board Ian? When not connecting a 6st nixie. The tubes at the end of this video are displaying characters aswell, special tubes?

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #11514 by Ty_Eeberfest
The tubes in the first (left) and last (right) positions are symbol tubes. The tube in the last position (*C) is an IN-19A. The tube in the first position is probably an IN-19B.

That board looks like it is specifically designed to be a thermometer. Ian's boards are designed to be clocks. If you wanted to use a clock board as a thermometer you would need to do some pretty serious reprogramming of the controller. Dealing with the symbol tubes could be tricky but not impossible.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #11518 by Marc
Replied by Marc on topic Temperature gauge Nixie tubes
Problem is that i am not that good in coding, easiest way for me to build a project like this is an kit like Ian’s. Where every part is included and pre-programmed :)

EDIT:
It looks like it is some sort of weather station/clock

Maybe the following is getting close?
www.tindie.com/products/nixiekeith/iot-nixie-weather-clock/

This is getting the closed I could find ^^
www.etsy.com/nl/listing/771695613/5-buis...search_click=1&cns=1
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Marc.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #11519 by Ty_Eeberfest
Yes, the one listed at Etsy looks like exactly what you want!

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com