Classic Rev6 Time Issues

More
1 year 5 months ago #11438 by Ty_Eeberfest

NHRA21 wrote: The only big difference I noticed was that there was a 18k resistor on each of the Anodes.

I take it your old board was a direct drive design? That would explain the different resistors. Classic Rev. 6 is a multiplexed design, meaning that each tube is only lit 1/6 of the time. The resistors need to be much lower value in order to get the correct perceived brightness. I wouldn't expect this to make any difference in cathode poisoning one way or the other.

ACP is one of those things where opinions are varied. If it was my clock I'd leave ACP turned on. But if it really bothers you to see the tubes "ACP cycling" then turn it off. I'd say 10 years of smooth operation without ACP pretty well show that this particular model of tube is very resistant to poisoning.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #11439 by NHRA21
Replied by NHRA21 on topic Classic Rev6 Time Issues
Thanks for the information Ty. Is there a way to completely turn off ACP?

More
1 year 5 months ago #11440 by BS_Jim
Replied by BS_Jim on topic Classic Rev6 Time Issues
I'm interested in this too, Ty. I'd like to change the option in the wifi menu to turn off ACP completely, instead of just when the clock is dimmed.
Maybe you know of a simple thing to change in the clock code.

More
1 year 5 months ago #11441 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Classic Rev6 Time Issues
I never thought it was a thing to want the ACP off. I can add an option for that. I have a major firmware update planned, and I'll add it.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com