SN74141N is invalid

More
2 months 6 days ago #10322 by Torsten Lang
Replied by Torsten Lang on topic SN74141N is invalid

Ian wrote: 74 series logic from Ebay can be a real problem. :-/

That's a general problem with older parts. There seem to be quite a lot of Chinese product counterfeits around, especially when it comes to obsolete parts. I avoid buying those on eBay, especially when they are shipped from China, but even with local distributors/dealers you may be out of luck. Some time ago the PSU of my Harman Kardon speakers for my Mac died due to an overvoltage event and killed the audio amplifier of my SoundSticks subwoofer. It was a TDA8510J - a part which is out of production for years. After some research I found a distributor who claimed to have NOS of these, in fact none of them was working, all with different types of failures which in one case nearly killed my woofer.

Finally I found an automotive version (the last IC remaining of the whole family) which I could get from one of the renowned distributors (it was DigiKey or Mouser), the model was not fully compatible but easy enough to adapt (just one inverted output) et voilĂ , finally the speakers worked again.

BTW, regarding the 74141, ti is linking to Rochester Electronics, who have licenses to manufacture these parts, but they will cost you an arm and a leg.

Regards,
Torsten

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 6 days ago #10324 by Peanut13
Replied by Peanut13 on topic SN74141N is invalid
I agree I bought the 741s from a French seller I think I paid about 8pounds for them I got two and both didn't work so I now install the Russian chips

More
1 month 1 week ago #10412 by Alf
Replied by Alf on topic SN74141N is invalid
I'm having a similar problem again. I'm using K155ID1 and the first one (shipped in the kit) I used got fried after a while, so I replaced with one of mine. Now after a few weeks of operation that one stopped working as well and every number is showing... How can I be sure that a new K155ID1 won't fry again?
cheers, Alf

More
1 month 1 week ago #10413 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic SN74141N is invalid
How to make sure? Find out why you keep frying chips and fix it! B)

You should start by checking VCC (should be 5VDC +/-10%) and check HV (should be 170 - 180VDC).

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com