SN74141N is invalid

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #10245 by kakawlala
I got the classic 6 clock for 2 months and upgraded 357 by version 356. During the upgrade process I looked at the code mentioning that the replacement of the K155ID1 74141 appeared in the code. So I bought 74141 and tried to replace it.

This tube gets 0-9 at the same time and causes overlapping effects, while the character switch can still be seen in the tube (very inconspicuous).

I tried to remove all the lines of the 0-9 and put them back in. When the first item is loaded, all tubes display 0. Add one more piece and the tubes all show 0.1 overlap. Until all are put back. Tubes 0-9 are displayed overlapping.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #10248 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic SN74141N is invalid
That is not normal. Some people use K155 and some use 74141 and both chips work fine. They are exactly the same pinout and approximately the same specs.

Do you have another 74141 you can try? What happens if you put the K155 back in the circuit? Ans also (sorry, I must ask!) are you sure your 74141 is installed in the correct orientation?

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #10255 by kakawlala
Replied by kakawlala on topic SN74141N is invalid
Old articles that appeared 3 months ago seem to have the same thing.

www.tubeclockdb.com/forum/12-arduino-nix...t-forum/7638-strange

It is normal to switch back to K155ID1.

I use the same batch of 74141, 5 are abnormal and not reversed.

Attachments:

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #10257 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic SN74141N is invalid
So there are minor differences between the K155ID1 the 7441, 74141.

They do not handle showing values that are not 0-9 in an identical way, and there are some differences in the breakdown voltages.

I use the K155ID1 because they are being manufactured by a reliable chip fab (Integral) and are available in large numbers for a low price and high reliability.

In my experience 74141 are hard to find and are not reliable (not because the device itself is not reliable, but because I can't source them from a known manufacturer).

Please use K155ID1!

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #10258 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic SN74141N is invalid
Just to say: I bought 200 brand new 74HC595 a while back and last night I found that they are all dud. (OK, I didn't test all 200, but I tested 5 or more from each tube).

74 series logic from Ebay can be a real problem. :-/

More
1 week 6 days ago #10306 by Peanut13
Replied by Peanut13 on topic SN74141N is invalid
I should have said the 74141 chips I use are from PCBs I bought years since one of the perks of being a hoarder the boards came from a manufacturer who closed down so they were new the one I had problems with I bought on eBay

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com