LEDs are abnormal colour and do not go out completely

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #10236 by Ian
It was something to do with the image being uploaded twice, once in a deleted thread, and once in this thread.

To fix: Permanently Delete the other thread, then edit this thread to remove the image attachment and then re-attach.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ty_Eeberfest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #10237 by Ian
So, back to the question in hand:

I suppose that the 2N7000 is faulty. If you have a spare, please substitute Q3, or if you do not, I will be able to send you a replacement. It will take a few days.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #10238 by Torsten Lang
Hi Ian,
I see that the author right are gone and I can see the picture. What will happen when you reactivate the author rights?

Regards,
Torsten

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #10239 by Alexander_d
Hi!
Yes, the code is right. All voltage in the control points okay (low and high). Most likely I have overheated FETs, or they are faulty from the very beginning. Looks like they pass overvoltage - that's the reason of crazy colours distortion.
I've read a lot in internet for 2N7000 - everyone blame this piece of crap. As alternative people propose full analog BS170. What do you think of this change?

BR,
Alex

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #10240 by Alexander_d
UPD: Here's the clip for the LEDs work

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #10241 by Ty_Eeberfest
Yes it looks like the FET for the Blue LED is not turning off completely (leaking). Easy to verify by simply removing the FET.

BS170 should work fine as a replacement. Specs look fine, just be aware that the pinout is different,

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com