LEDs are abnormal colour and do not go out completely

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #10229 by Alexander_d
Hi everyone,
I have faced the following problem: LEDs that turn the test cycle (R-G-B-off) work rather strange:
- firstly - they have abnormal colours (red is more to purple)
- secondly, they do not cut off. Instead of complete off all three crystals work 50%, that give some blue light.

Yes, I have examined the manual and cleaned the flux aroud FETs Q3-Q5 It did not help.

Where's the bug?

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Ian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #10230 by Ty_Eeberfest
Some things to consider...

Do you have the right code loaded in the UNO? It should be this version: bitbucket.org/isparkes/nixiefirmwarev1/s...rdunixFade9_6_digit/

Are the FETs installed in the correct orientation?

Are the LEDs installed in the right orientation?

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #10231 by Torsten Lang

Alexander_d wrote: Yes, I have examined the manual and cleaned the flux aroud FETs Q3-Q5 It did not help.

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Where's the bug?

Ty, Ian,
are there currently any problems with the forum as I get an access error (see above)? I'm signed in.

Regards,
Torsten

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #10232 by Ian
Thanks Ty. In addition to that: the blue LED is really sensitive and even a smallest current can cause it to glow. I suppose that the 2N7000 is defective.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #10233 by Ian

Torsten Lang wrote:

Alexander_d wrote: Yes, I have examined the manual and cleaned the flux aroud FETs Q3-Q5 It did not help.

Where's the bug?

Ty, Ian,
are there currently any problems with the forum as I get an access error (see above)? I'm signed in.

Regards,
Torsten

Hi Torsten: you're not seeing the picture. You have author rights, I'll set you back to normal user for a moment to see if the problem is there.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #10234 by Ty_Eeberfest

Ian wrote:

Torsten Lang wrote:

Where's the bug?

Ty, Ian,

Regards,
Torsten

Hi Torsten: you're not seeing the picture. You have author rights, I'll set you back to normal user for a moment to see if the problem is there.

Ian it seems to be specific to the image in this thread. If I log out I get the same message Torsten is reporting, but uploaded / attached images in other threads appear normally.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com