High Voltage Trouble shooting.

More
9 months 3 days ago #9982 by Malugalugalugalugaluga
It's the 840 that came with the kit. The one I replaced was the 7805. I tried factory reset.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 days ago #9983 by Ty_Eeberfest
Has this clock ever had working high voltage? I just re-read the entire thread and it's not clear whether it ever worked.

Also, can you try a different power supply? The problem you are having now may be as simple as the power supply - which I already said was of marginal size - is cutting out under load. Power supply should be capable of 500mA or more.

If the same thing happens with different power supply I guess we are headed for a big troubleshooting exercise. For that, a good quality photo of the solder side of the board would probably be helpful.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
9 months 2 days ago #9988 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic High Voltage Trouble shooting.
Yes, have a go with a different power supply. The one you have might be super unregulated or noisy.

More
9 months 2 days ago #9990 by Malugalugalugalugaluga
Is it ok to use a 2.5 ma 12v power supply? The clock was working but every time I powered it on I had to touch the mosfet to get the tubes to light up so the mosfet eventually broke, that's why I rep!aced it.

More
9 months 2 days ago - 9 months 2 days ago #9991 by BS_Jim
The power supply must be 500ma (1/2 amp) or greater. The voltage can be anywhere from 7.5v to 12v. Less than 7.5 volts risks running too low for the inline regulator on the board to maintain the 5v that is needed by the CPU. More than 12v will generate more heat than can be dissipated without additional heat sinks.
Jim
Last edit: 9 months 2 days ago by BS_Jim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com