Problem with ESP8206-01

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #9182 by Novak
Hello. I built a clock. Classic Arduino Nixie Clock. Clock works with RTC OK. Now I want to connect the WiFi module. And here's the problem. ESP8206-01 I programmed. Compiling and uploading fine. After connecting the WiFi module, the module does not send the SSID: NixieTimeModule. The blue LED blinks rapidly. I do not know how to send the SSID to the module. Even after restarting the module. Where could the problem be? How is the wifi module programmed? Does it need to run SSID communication via I2C? Thank you for your help. (I'm attaching the settings screen)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #9185 by Ty_Eeberfest
MOVED to Arduino Nixie Kit Support Forum by Ty_Eeberfest

I'm not sure I completely understand your questions but I'll try to help.

Your setting look good. The fast flashing blue LED means the module is in Access Point mode and it is waiting for you. In Access Point mode it will create a network called NixieTimeModule. You should be able to see that network name (SSID) on your phone and connect to it. You could try it from a computer instead of a phone but that does not always work.

Once you connect to NixieTimeModule network type "http://192.168.4.1/wlan_config" into your browser. You should then be able to enter the SSID and password for the network you want the clock to use. Then restart the clock (power off / power on).

You should be able to do all that without any I2C involvement. The SSID NixieTimeModule is hard coded in the ESP program and doesn't have to be "sent". The I2C is for sending the NTP time to the clock and for passing user configs / preferences abck and forth.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #9197 by Novak
Replied by Novak on topic Problem with ESP8206-01
The problem is that no network "NixieTimeModule" will be created. I searched for her by cell phone, tablet, and computer. No network named "NixieTimeModule" is in the list of available networks. I also tried another WiFi module with the same result. No network "NixieTimeModule" I can not see.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #9199 by Ty_Eeberfest
Hmmm. It sounds like you are doing everything right, and the rapid flashing LED indicates the program was successfully loaded into the ESP. I really can't think of a reason why the NixieTimeModule network would not be visible. The code that creates the network's access point starts are around Line 113 and it is pretty simple and clear. Not much to go wrong.

Perhaps Ian has some idea that I haven't thought of.

Maybe you could try putting it in Debug and see if you can see anything interesting in the debug output. Near the top of the code, change "#define DEBUG_OFF" to #define DEBUG". Compile and load, then use Serial Monitor in the IDE to see what it is doing.

EDIT: Just so you know, debug output is at 115200 baud.

Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Ty_Eeberfest.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #9200 by Ty_Eeberfest
Just to make sure I was clear: when running the ESP module in Debug mode you leave it in the programmer - there is no need to put it back in the clock and try to hook up to the UART pins. In fact, I would not recommend putting an ESP that is in Debug in the clock at all because I have never tried it!

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #9201 by Novak
Replied by Novak on topic Problem with ESP8206-01
I turned on DEBUG. The module still does not transmit SSID: NixieTimeModule. I'm attaching a screenshot. There is a serial port listing. I have been worried about it for a long time. Thank you for your time and willingness to help me.
Attachments:

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com