Strange behavior? Ground Q1 back and clock shuts off. Classic Clock.

More
2 years 6 months ago #8427 by piercedfreak
I do not have one, but Ian said he would send me one for just the price of shipping, so come payday, I will order one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #8431 by Ty_Eeberfest
Okay, please keep us posted.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
2 years 6 months ago #8443 by Ian

piercedfreak wrote: ... so come payday, I will order one.

I'll put one in the post on Monday. Don't need to order one...

More
2 years 6 months ago #8504 by piercedfreak
Got my parts, and got them in, clock seemed to work, cycled the numbers continuously like it did before, after 20-30 seconds, I unplugged so I could plug up the wifi module, and IC1 was way too hot to touch. I had to step out before I could try a factory reset, so I thought I would update you while I sit here waiting.

More
2 years 5 months ago #8505 by Ty_Eeberfest
Random thoughts:

Have you added load to VCC, e.g. a bunch of RGB LEDs powered off VCC instead of VIN? If so, disconnect them and see if the 7805 runs cooler.

Is your power supply producing plenty of well regulated and well filtered (low/no ripple) DC power? Excessive ripple can cause a 7805 to heat up. Protip: to get a rough idea of how much ripple you have, read the output of your power supply with the meter set to AC - yes AC - volts. Because ripple is AC superimposed on the DC, setting the meter to AC will show you how many millivolts of ripple are present. Should be a small but non-zero reading.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
2 years 5 months ago #8506 by piercedfreak
No LEDS currently, I just connected the tubes, and nothing else to test it. I switched from a 7.5v 1a, wall wart to a 12v .5a wall wart. I can't see that making that big of a difference. Ripple shows up as .04v Factory reset did nothing, 20-30 seconds later, IC1 is too hot to touch. Only things plugged in are wifi module, and 5 tubes(had 1 bad tube, and waiting on replacement).

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com