Mr. Nixie support page?

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #8853 by Pacman223
I noticed that the forum page set up for mr. Nixie support was removed...

I actually had a new thread to start about a power supply problem that he helped me fix...

is it gone? will it be back?

edit....
this will teach me to type out new threads on my cell phone while at work..

the topic should have been...mr.Nixie support... not me noxie support
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Ty_Eeberfest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #9021 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Mr. Nixie support page?
You know that Jürgen comes and goes, blows hot and cold, is active and then isn't. I think it depends on the amount of alcohol that he has been around. I think he'd had a particularly heavy weekend and then he got all funny with me. He copied in Pete Virica for some unfathomable reason, as if he wanted someone to agree with him.

I suggested to him to set up a support page, he agreed, I set the forum up for him, and did a little bit of management for it. But a forum causes spam, and has a bit of maintenance involved with it. He was annoyed because he was getting the notifications and then threatened to "call me a Nerd" on Facebook. You can imagine that I was trembling in by shoes. Firstly I am a nerd, and secondly I couldn't care less what people say about me. Thirdly, Facebook is the sort of place that I see as the badlands of the Internet and don't really consider as reality.

Whatever.

The short of it is that I want this to be a reputable place for people to come, and I haven't got the time or the will to deal with the antics that come with Jürgen.

He won't be back.

I would be happy to host a site for his work, but it would be community driven, which I'm not sure really hits the spot.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #9083 by Pacman223
Replied by Pacman223 on topic Mr. Nixie support page?
thanks for the reply. I was going to post a problem I had.. and Jürgen helped fix

my numiqueen clock stopped working, the power supply got super hot.. he gave me the basic requirements for a new power supply.. I purchased a new wall power plug .. t's back up and running

thought I would let people know what to look for and what unit worked for me

love that clock... love all of my clocks built from his kits...
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Pacman223.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #9088 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Mr. Nixie support page?
Was it anything like this?

Numiqueen Failure

The power supply is a special thing, and I think there is/was a sourcing problem on them.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Ian. Reason: links

More
2 years 2 months ago #9105 by Pacman223
Replied by Pacman223 on topic Mr. Nixie support page?
I didn't open the power supply up.. but yea... I would say I had the exact same problem.

I sure do love the clock

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com