HC-SR505 hookup

More
3 months 2 days ago #11760 by Duane
HC-SR505 hookup was created by Duane
I picked up an HC-SR505 module to play with the PIR option of the Wemos clock.

The HC-SR505 pin-out appears to be +, Out, -

The module specs state 3v3 output, and Vcc of 4.5-20v.

The SV1 connector on the Wemos clock is Gnd, Btn1, PIR, Vcc.

So I assume you connect the PIR module +, Out, -, to clock Vcc, PIR, Gnd respectively.

If so, what is the Btn1 pin for?

- Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 days ago #11761 by BS_Jim
Replied by BS_Jim on topic HC-SR505 hookup
Hi Duane,

I haven't built any wemos clocks yet, but I have built a couple of Ian's other clocks. Your wiring sounds right but wait for Ian or Ty to get back to you on that. The btn1 connector should be for the external push-button to use for programming the clock and to get it out of start-up mode.

Jim

More
3 months 2 days ago #11762 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic HC-SR505 hookup

Duane wrote:
So I assume you connect the PIR module +, Out, -, to clock Vcc, PIR, Gnd respectively.

If so, what is the Btn1 pin for?

- Bill

Yes your wiring is correct. Probably goes without saying that Day Blanking settings take priority over the PIR, or IOW if the clock is blanked by the Day Blanking settings the PIR will not turn it on. Also you may need to experiment with the Use Motion Detector Pullup setting, Start with it Off and if things aren't working as expected try turning it on and then cycling power to the clock.

Putting a button from Btn1 to Gnd might be useful in a location with no WiFi available but it's pretty useless otherwise.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
3 months 2 days ago #11764 by Duane
Replied by Duane on topic HC-SR505 hookup
Thanks Jim and Ty for getting back to me.

Sorry for being dense, but I am still confused what a pushbutton connected to Btn1 would do.

- Bill

More
3 months 1 day ago #11768 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic HC-SR505 hookup
I think I figured out where the confusion is coming from. I was thinking "huh? it's for the setting button that he already said he has used before!" :huh: But I just realized this particular clock board has a setting button SW1 mounted on the board. The answer is: Btn1 is for an off-board (case mounted?) button that replicates the function of the button on the board.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com