- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
Hi, did you check the HV at the end of that part of the construction? Was there HV at that moment?
Things to check:
- Take out all other components from sockets (even 34063)
- Power on and see if the MOSFET gets hot - it is does the problem is with R3, D2 or Q1
- Check that the 2N3906 is the right way round and is not a MPSA42 (Q1)
- Check that the gate resistor R3 is correct and is making contact
- Check that D2 is facing the right way (silver band into the square hole)
- if you get replacement 34063, you can try one of those: normally they are very robust and don't break
- Are all components C13, D3, R4, R5, L1, RV1, Q1, U4, R3 and D2 installed? Install C9 if it is not installed. I know that the other parts D1, R1 and Q2 are installed, because otherwise Q2 will not get hot.