Numitron v3 firmware

More
11 months 4 weeks ago - 11 months 4 weeks ago #10681 by judge
Replied by judge on topic Numitron v3 firmware
The algorithm worked fine and I can connect. My own opinion re. naming is that you should allow people to change it, but you need a default that is more or less guaranteed to be unique because I assume that you will implement this in all your clocks, and people are quite likely to get more than one.

BTW - does your SSID follow the same pattern? I think it should, for the same reasons.

EDIT: Its a bit weird that bonjour browser doesn't show it though.

EDIT2: You should maybe update the manual with the algorithm for constructing the URL from the mac address/ESPID. Also, the last three parts of my mac address starts with a '0', which is not displayed as part of the ESPID in the browser, but is required in the URL. Finally also: URLs are not case sensitive, so everything can be in lower case or CaMeLcAsE
Last edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by judge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #10682 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Numitron v3 firmware
Yeah, you're right. I'll add an option to make it user modifiable.

I was planning to put it on the packing slip so that people have a head start.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #10683 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic Numitron v3 firmware
Following up... I am now running the official released version. The new MAC-based hostname works fine as far as accessing it with a web browser but it still does not show up in Bonjour Browser. Hmmm, strange.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #10684 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic Numitron v3 firmware
Okay, here is why it's not showing up on mDNS browsers. This line needs to be added:
mdns.addService("http", "tcp", 80);
I put it right after the mdns.begin() in line 246 of the main program file. I'll go ahead and push it to the repo shortly.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian, judge

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #10687 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Numitron v3 firmware
Thanks Ty! It is merged into the master. Good job someone round here knows what they are doing... ;)

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #10726 by lcc
Replied by lcc on topic Numitron v3 firmware
having unplugged my clock to move it to take some pictures i have notice after it has restarted that it has lost it night time blanking settings all other setting stay the same i have updated to v3 it append a second time after i had unplugged it to move it again so had to change the setting back to blank selected hours of the day don't know if its a bit of a bug Ian or you already know ?

steve

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com