Numitron v3 firmware

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #10674 by judge
Numitron v3 firmware was created by judge
I just uploaded the v3 firmware - many thanks.

The mDNS doesn't seem to work? The manual says to press the button until the ESPID is displayed, but my clock doesn't have a button - it has a header with a pin marked BTN, but I haven't connected a button up to it. Anyway, I ran bonjour browser on my laptop, which shows all mDNS services that are advertised on the local network and there is nothing I don't already know about. Is the ESPID displayed on the GUI anywhere? If it is how do I map from that to the DNS name?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #10676 by judge
Replied by judge on topic Numitron v3 firmware
BTW, I love that you are using the display to show status now.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #10677 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Numitron v3 firmware
Hi Judge, the mDNS name should be the "hostname" which should be "ESP_aabbcc" where aa,bb and cc are the last three bytes of the MAC address. You should be able to attach to http://<hostname>.local.

A worked example:
My MAC is 84:F3:EB:5A:47:DD
My hostname is "ESP_5A47DD"
I should be able to connect using mDNS with "http://ESP_5A47DD.local"

If you had a button, pressing it 6 times should have told you "5A:47:dd"

Let me know if it works...

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #10678 by Ian
The OTA has made such a difference: Firmware updates on the fly, also to people "out there". I don't know how I ever managed without it. :-)

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #10679 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic Numitron v3 firmware
I can't comment on the officially released v3 since I am still running a pre-release pulled form the repo a few days ago. It's the version that has mDNS but just uses the name "numitron". For whatever reason, I can not see it in my Bonjour Browser either. However, if I point a web browser at numitron.local it works as expected. My Bonjour Browser does work right - I can see my Modular Rev.3 ("nixieclock") and a bunch of unrelated stuff that's using mDNS.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #10680 by Ian
I changed the name from "numitron" to the clock individual name, because everyone will need more than one of these in their homes, right? I also played with the idea of calling the first one "numitron" and then trying to see if that was used already and numbering them through sequentially. I thought that might be more confusing. What do you guys think?

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com