What this forum is for

More
5 months 1 week ago #10969 by jonboy
Replied by jonboy on topic What this forum is for
Just another question now I am soldering bits together for this IV-6 clock.
I think I might have fried the WeMos, or the first led I put on. I am not sure yet, but the led on the WeMos no longer comes on when plugged in.
There is a resistor (r15) that is between the vcc and C4 that’s not in the build manual anywhere, but think it should go on in the first step.
Do you know what resistance that should be?
Also on the build manual the capacitors that go with the ws2812s only say c8-12 and it should be c8-13.
Compared to nixies there are some strange things on the board for me anyway.
What is the massive resistor at R16 a 0r18(0.18ohm) it’s like 15mm long!!
And my usual supplier of parts in Ireland I use (farnell) doesn’t stock the PC817 that I need 14 of.
Other than this I am enjoying getting all the bits together.

So sometime can you tell me the resistor value at R15 please, or anyone else who might know from the pictures?
( search IV-3a IV-6 in the search box to see the thread of the boards built)
Hope everyone enjoys there few days off!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 days ago #11181 by Hartmut E.
Replied by Hartmut E. on topic What this forum is for
The show must go on.
Work on the Prism Z566M is taking off
Attachments:

More
3 months 2 days ago #11183 by Hartmut E.
... the Nixie Cloxk PRISM Z566M is ready.
Many thanks to Ian and Ty for your support to make it so.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: judge

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #11186 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic What this forum is for
Wow, nice!

Would you contribute the PCB design files back so I can make it available to others?

Did you make any changes to the Firware, or is that the next part of the journey? At the moment, I am involved on other projects, but for sure the large tube firmware is due for an update. I'll be doing it shortly. I have made many many many improvements to the DA2000 firmware which I shall port forward to the Prism when time allows. Mostly it is to do with making the code more modular and maintainable.

I have flipped the PCB for the latest version of the IN-18 clock, (components all on the bottom) and am working on tidying it up a bit. It is in the repo if you are interested.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #11193 by Hartmut E.
Hi Ian,

Would you contribute the PCB design files back so I can make it available to others?

I think we should clean the layout again and edit it cleanly so that this PCB also meets our requirements.
Do we actually need the RTC? I work without RTC anyway and it works very well with WiFi.

Did you make any changes to the Firware, or is that the next part of the journey?

I have changed the order and the colors of the backlight LEDs.

https://www.tubeclockdb.com/forum/wemos-nixie-clock-support-forum/7735-firmware-topics-prism-in-18
// Used to define "colourTime" colours Hartmut Eger
//                               0    1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9
const byte colourTimeR[] = {   255, 255,   0,   0,   0, 255, 200, 255, 193,   0};
const byte colourTimeG[] = {     0, 255, 255, 255,   0,   0, 157, 255,  62,   0};
const byte colourTimeB[] = {     0,   0,   0, 255, 255, 255, 255, 255, 128,   0};

I have flipped the PCB for the latest version of the IN-18 clock, (components all on the bottom) and am working on tidying it up a bit. It is in the repo if you are interested.

I still have this task. I'll take a look at the result.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #11194 by MikeS
Replied by MikeS on topic What this forum is for

Marvin41 wrote: Do we actually need the RTC? I work without RTC anyway and it works very well with WiFi.

You're making the incorrect assumption that all users would at all times have WiFi (and Internet) available.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com