Nocrotec?

More
1 year 5 months ago #9075 by Ian
Nocrotec? was created by Ian
Anyone know what is going on with Nocrotec? The shop seems to be more or less dead...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #9080 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic Nocrotec?
Explain "dead"? I can access the site, there are a few things for sale, it all looks normal. I didn't actually try to buy anything.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #9082 by Pacman223
Replied by Pacman223 on topic Nocrotec?
only their blue dream clock is still available, and their thermometer.

I think they have stopped making new clock kits.. maybe slowly getting out of the business? not sure

I wonder of Pete's and others clocks have reduced their sales.

Their blacknwood clock is now available from the Chinese designer directly, no longer going through nocrotec. a new in-18 clock is NJ ow available from nixie world.. sort of as a replacement for the big blue dream clock.

www.nixie.ai/product/bnwk2/

I just finished one.. WOW the case looks good. Love the clock, but couldn't get a GPS to work with it :(.

I'm wondering if Nixie clocks are loosing interest as the tubes are increasing in value.
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Pacman223.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #9287 by Torsten Lang
Replied by Torsten Lang on topic Nocrotec?
Hi Pacman223,
It seems as if the black'n'wood clock has the DCF/GPS/AUX part in common with the Blue Dream IN-18. I know that in case of the Blue Dream the input filter must be modified depending on the radio service you're using - Dieter gave me most of the schematics plans of the Blue Dream except for the power supply.

DCF-77 has a time slot of 100ms (the smallest pulse width transferred) while GPS receivers typically have approx. 0.2ms (4800bits/s) which is a factor of 500 compared to DCF-77. The filter in the Blue Dream reliably shall filter out any remains of the 77kHz carrier and is normally fitted for DCF-77. You need to modify this filter when connecting a device with a significantly faster signal like a GPS receiver.

Please try to get the schematics for the bnwk2 and take a look into the relevant part...

With best regards,
Torsten
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Torsten Lang.

More
1 year 4 months ago #9316 by Pacman223
Replied by Pacman223 on topic Nocrotec?
Torsten,

that is very interesting.. that would totally explain why my clock didn't even notice the GPS, even though the GPS showed that it was locked in on a signal.

I would love to know how to make a GPS work with that clock. I gave the clock as a gift to a neighbor, but I would love to make it work with my GPS receiver. I have actually thought about buying another of those kits, LOVED that clock.. really did.

More
1 year 4 months ago #9317 by Torsten Lang
Replied by Torsten Lang on topic Nocrotec?
Hi Pacman223,
as said - please try if you can get the schematics from the seller as by now what I wrote only is an assumption.

With best regards,
Torsten

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com