DT1704 VFD Clock "Thomas" (UCLK) taking orders

More
1 year 5 months ago #9015 by Ian
Hi, Yes, Manuel passed while on holiday. He was a personal friend of mine: We both live in the same town and used to meet up quite regularly. Even worse, he left a young family behind.

I have been thinking to carry on his work, and donate the proceeds to his family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ty_Eeberfest, judge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #9016 by Torsten Lang
Hi Ian,
I lost one of my closest friends about a year ago due to cancer. This is where my clock project got it's friendly name from - the actual project name UCLK-002 is based on the naming scheme we use for our projects at work.

I remember that I already talked with my friend if he would like to help with the software, but by the end of spring his condition got seriously and very fast worse.

BTW, the final orders are done, I'm currently waiting for the metal parts. I will do some calculations and put the project online in the next days.

With best regards,
Torsten
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Torsten Lang.

More
1 year 5 months ago #9039 by Torsten Lang
Hi to all,
today the parcel with the metal parts for my clock arrived, so finally I'm ready to take orders. I will update my homepage accordingly, the deep link to the product page is VFD clock model "Thomas" .

The page design is quite outdated, it was done when I had to support Atari and Amiga web browsers...

With best regards,
Torsten

More
1 year 5 months ago #9046 by Ian
Hi Torsten

I'd love to do a feature for this on the main site. Would you have the time/will/patience to do a piece on the journey? It would make a great showcase for the clock (which looks great) and the site. I could take some/all of the editorial effort.

I know you don't intend to sell a great number of the timepieces, but it would for sure make a buzz around the clock.

More
1 year 5 months ago #9058 by Torsten Lang
Hi Ian,
that would be nice. Actually, Manuel had the same idea. He even wanted such a clock for himself.

Please send me an email, we can then discuss all further details.

With best regards,
Torsten

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #9064 by Ian
I'd like one too... ;)

I'll contact you.
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Ian.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com