My New IN-14 Single Digit NIXIE Tube Clock online

More
6 years 1 month ago #6019 by Ty_Eeberfest
Fade: I agree that more levels of gray would be very helpful.

Sound: I was just trying some experiments here. I have always used Auto setting for Brightness. Now I am manually setting brightness and I find the sound is loudest when Brightness == 1, gets a little but quieter as brightness is increased and is totally silent when Brightness == 8. So clearly it is brightness PWM "ringing the tube" that I am hearing, NOT the step-up converter.

Exchanging for New Version Clock: I can ship it back to you no problem. You have my email address now, so email me information, okay?

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #6021 by vfdclock
I also checked the rest of my clocks,Only one QS30-1 does a little bit sound when num-'5' light up,others even in the level 1 brightness still be silence.
Some nixie tube does sound,I believe may be the number metel does not installed very tight,causes the sound problem.
I'll try to avoid this problem by increasing the PWM freq.
Best regards.

VFD/NIXIE/OLED DIY

VFDCLOCK.JIMDO.COM

More
6 years 1 month ago #6023 by Ty_Eeberfest

vfdclock wrote: I also checked the rest of my clocks,Only one QS30-1 does a little bit sound when num-'5' light up,others even in the level 1 brightness still be silence.
Some nixie tube does sound,I believe may be the number metel does not installed very tight,causes the sound problem.
I'll try to avoid this problem by increasing the PWM freq.
Best regards.

Interesting, and I agree the numbers in the tube are probably just loose enough to vibrate. My "standard" practice is to use 4KHz for brightness PWM, but I've never tried it with IN-14. Only IN-18, Panaplex, a variety of Burroughs tubes and a few German ones.

More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #6047 by vfdclock
In the New version of this clock,I have tested a lot of IN-14 tubes,few tube don't know why,they do sound even set the PWM freq up to 40kHz.
But under some lower PWM freq. the sound stopped.
So in the new version,I tested all the clocks by myself and set the right PWM freq. to prevent any sound from the clock even in the lowest brightness.

For more info about new version of "IN-14 Single Digit Clock V1.1",Visit:
vfdclock.jimdo.com
or
www.ebay.com/sch/vfdclock/m.html

VFD/NIXIE/OLED DIY

VFDCLOCK.JIMDO.COM
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by vfdclock.

More
6 years 1 week ago #6049 by Ty_Eeberfest
Sounds good! I'm still interested in your offer to trade my Ver. 1.0 clock for a new Ver. 1.1 clock. Should I email you about it or what?

More
6 years 1 week ago #6050 by vfdclock
For the "trade issu",because you insist that my clock circuit cause the sound,I thought you have got a bad circuit,and I wanna get it back to analysis it.
quote:"
But not in the IN-14 or others Single Digit Clock,the 170VDC step-up converter they all have high freq,at least 200kHz~1.2MHz;
I was wondering,is that posible you send this clock back,Or I send a brand new to you first(with the software updated) to exchange it back to see what has happend on this clock?
"
But finally we made it clear,that just because the tube did not made very tight,and with the new version,still need to adjust the freq. by hand.

How about that,for the new version of this clock,I can give you half price for 1pcs new version of this clock,If you agree,offer me via ebay.

VFD/NIXIE/OLED DIY

VFDCLOCK.JIMDO.COM

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com