gas discharge display question

More
7 years 2 months ago #4839 by irv6744
i have an old clock with a cherry w06-0001 gas discharge display that is burning out.

it is a 6 digit display with the seconds digits being smaller. it has am/pm and a colon between hours and minutes. the hours segments are pretty shot as are the am/pm.

am looking for a replacement or a data sheet so i can figure out how to replace it with one of the more readily available pinball displays.

cherry is long gone and i called the company that bought them and their data sheets are long gone.

one of my favorite clocks from that era.
oh well - progress i guess.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #4846 by Ty_Eeberfest
You didn't say specifically which company you called, so I'll leave this here just in case you haven't tried these guys yet...

www.babcockinc.com/babcock/catalog/catalog.asp?context=display

Note that Cherry = Sperry = Beckman = Babcock = MicroSemi, at least in regard to neon aka 'plasma' displays. The production line and patents and long term supply contracts (these displays are still used in avionics to this day) keep getting sold and re-sold.....

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
6 years 8 months ago #5737 by irv6744
i managed to score an ancient cherry set of data sheets on ebay and it has the data on the display i need.
now i am going to try to insert a williams pinball display in place and stead of the cherry.
sure hope it works.

if anyone needs info on cherry displays, let me know since i have a whole bunch of data sheets now.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com