Nixie Clock RFT Z566M

More
4 months 2 days ago #10913 by Torsten Lang
Replied by Torsten Lang on topic Nixie Clock RFT Z566M

Marvin41 wrote: So now to the measurement result for the Panasonic PIR Sensors:
without movement 1.49 volts
with movement 3.97 volts
Output voltage is 5.05 volts

the DDIN-18 shows no response and does not go to sleep.

HC-SR501 Sensors brings the following results:
without movement 0.808 volt
with movement 3.29 volts
Output voltage is 5.05 volts

Hi Marvin,
are the GPIOs you use 5V tolerant? And did you really disable the internal pullups/pulldowns? In both cases the low level is way too high (not perhaps to detect it but under the aspect of clean logic levels). And the high levels are too low given that the supply voltage of the sensors is 5V.

How are the levels if you just connect the pulldown but don't connect the sensors to the ESP?

Regards,
Torsten

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 days ago #10914 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic Nixie Clock RFT Z566M
Hi Torsten,

I'm thinking that his HC-SR501 is working because its 0 state voltage is just slightly below the datasheet maximum voltage. It's a very marginal zero but it's detected. The DDIN-18 on the other hand is almost twice the logic 0 maximum so it probably never detected.

Regarding 5V tolerance of ESP inputs, that has been a subject of much argument on the Internet. I finally found a tweet from what appears to be the official Expressif account a few years ago, saying that the ESP I/O is 5V tolerant. I have a few little projects here that are putting that to the test, e.g. interfacing ESP to Atmel micros that use 5V I/O, with no level conversion, and have had no problems. Would I do this in something for a customer? Perhaps not. But my hobby projects have been running fine like this for quite some time.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #10929 by Torsten Lang
Replied by Torsten Lang on topic Nixie Clock RFT Z566M

Ian wrote: I have used these with much repeated success

RCWL-0516

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-RCWL-0516-Microwave-Radar-Sensor-Module-Human-Body-Induction-Switch-Module/401226351319

or

HC-SR505 (NOT HC-SR501)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-5-10PCS-HC-SR505-PIR-Motion-Sensor-Infrared-Detector-Module-ESP8266-Arduino/133198189882

Hi Ian,
just let me ask again - did you receive exactly the RCWL-0516 PCB as in the product pictures? I ordered three times from different sellers on Amazon and only received counterfeits lately...

Regards,
Torsten

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #10976 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Nixie Clock RFT Z566M
I ordered a large batch a long time ago, and am still using those. I can't really say how the new ones are.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com