Nixie clocks as Christmas present?

More
1 year 7 months ago #9386 by Pacman223
Was wondering how has or planed on giving away Nixie Clocks as presents for Christmas.

This year I'm giving two clocks.. one to my parents, the other to my in-laws.

www.nixie.ai/product/omnixie2018/

one for B-5441 tubes
and the other one for NL841 tubes.

I had the tubes, so I purchased them without tubes.
though feel slightly bad because I didn't make them... they are AMAZING clocks..

Giving them away as presents lets me keep building new clocks.. and not become that weird clock guy... with tons of clocks .. :( (My wife thinks I'm that guy already).

and after putting tubes in them.. wow.. I LOVE NL841 and B-5441 tubes .. they are soo beautiful .. well all Nixies are special.. but they sure look nice in those clocks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #9389 by nixie-N00b
hey,

they are fine presents - but for the right prople. i have seen some who was totally crazy about it ... and some not.
this year i want to sell 3 of them as retro futuristic styled Sankyos for christmas. sadly i just finished 1 of them, so the other get back to boxes for sometimes to have some time to solder around :)

at last: yapp, for enthusiastics are they great gifts.

regards, Sven
Attachments:

More
1 year 7 months ago #9427 by BS_Jim
I agree with Sven. They're great gifts for the right person. I've given 3 clocks as gifts. One to my boss from the electronics shop he owned, and one to each of two friends. I think my boss appreciated it the most.

Thank god I don't build cuckoo clocks. The neighbors would complain every midnight!

Jim

More
1 year 7 months ago #9431 by Pacman223
I built a Sven for my Brother in-law for Christmas a few years back. he really likes it .. it was a great Christmas present.

So my parents and my in-laws both really liked their clocks. I think it turned out to be great Christmas presents.

My mom/dad were sort of fighting over if they liked the clock talking or not. My mom liked it.. my dad.. not so much.. LOL...

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com