PV Electronics clock kit buzz

More
1 year 7 months ago #9371 by joeling
Hi,

I have a couple of PV electronics clock kits. They work fine but there is a faint buzzing from the kit. Any idea how to eliminate this buzz ?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #9373 by Pacman223
I have a few clocks that buz... I get used to them, and for the most part, unless your obsessed about it, you forget about it.

I don't have any PV electronics clocks that I have noticed buzzing, I have noticed them on other clocks. Probably depends a lot on your hearing.

More
1 year 7 months ago #9374 by joeling
Unfortunately, I am quite sensitive to this. So, bummer for me. Trying to find a fix.

More
1 year 7 months ago #9375 by Pacman223
which clock kit are you having problems with?
keep in mind, the other source of sounds from a Nixie clock can come form the tubes themselves.. sometimes you can have a tube that sings.

I don't recall which clock kit I built that had singing tubes, but it was real..

When I was younger I could hear a hum from TVs that nobody else could. that's the same sort of sounds I hear from my ITS1 clock, nothing that really bothers me...

I'm no expert, not an Electrical Engineer.. others might have more insight into what you are are hearing and might be able to help.

More
1 year 7 months ago #9380 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic PV Electronics clock kit buzz
Is it buzzing, humming or singing? Is it from the tubes or the HV power supply?

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com