Modular Kit Assembly Questions & Discussion

More
6 months 1 week ago #11755 by Ty_Eeberfest
Blanking takes priority over PIR or in other words if you select Blank Always the PIR can not turn the tubes on ever. If you want the PIR to always be able to turn on the tubes then select Never Blank.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #11775 by roadrune
Now after some days of use i have a few minor issues i want to ask about:

1: The left decimal points on 10h is lighting up sometimes, but it should be disabled, any idea why?

2: When doing ACP some of the numbers, especially s and 10s dont run through in an even pace, and some being skipped after a fraction of a second, for instance 2 and 4 in the s tube light up significantly shorter then the other numbers towards the end of ACP, when it goes slow.

3: Yesterday i noticed ACP was not running at all for a couple of hours, a restart fixed it.

I am sure all of this is software related, and besides ACP stopped working i cannot see that it matters at all, except from being annoying.

Otherwise i love it :)

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #11777 by Ty_Eeberfest
I just took a fresh look through the code to make sure I wasn't forgetting or confusing anything. Here is what I came up with...

1) I can not find anything in the code that ever tries to turn on the 10h decimal point. The 1h can function as AM/PM indicator but the 10h - nothing. All I can think of is to try swapping the 10h tube with another one and see if the decimal issue moves with the tube or stays with the 10h position.

2) That's just how it works and if you look at Lines 2107 - 2113 in the code (Ver. 357) you can see what it's doing. I didn't write that code, I don't know why it was written the way it is, I'm just telling you what I see. The code is open source, so you are welcome to write an ACP routine that you like better.

3) Simple answer is to turn off the "Suppress ACP when dimmed" option. Longer answer is that there is interaction between ACP and the LDR and the Min Dim setting when the Suppress option is turned on. If the LDR has dimmed the display down to where the actual dimming level (as determined by the LDR) is equal to Min Dim, and the Suppress option is on, ACP will be skipped. Since ACP must run at full brightness to be effective, some users would rather to skip ACP than have the display go bright in their dark room every 10 minutes.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #11780 by roadrune
Then i suppose ACP is as it should be (wont bother to check the code, i dont know anything about it anyway).

About the decimal point it seams like its lighting up together with "2" on 10h only (have not tried to swap tubes) everytime that number lights up the decimal comes on as well, except from when it is dimmed so low that ACP is supressed, then it does not light up. So to me it looks like a software fault and not a tube fault. If it was the tube i believe it would have been constant.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #11781 by Ty_Eeberfest
Not likely that it's the code. If it was the code many people, myself included, would be seeing the same issue. Besides, there is nothing in the code that ever tries to turn on that decimal point. For now I suspect there is a solder bridge somewhere on the tube holder board or the socket headers that the tube holder board plugs into. Since you didn't do the tube swap I'm only guessing.

Note that when I ask to do a tube swap I mean to move the tube and holder to a different position. Should be a 10 second test, I am NOT suggesting you should unsolder the tube and remove it from its holder.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #11782 by roadrune
Yeah, i know what you mean, but i would have to disassemble the box to do it, not a big job, but its not a big problem either.

Ig it was a solder bridge, wouldnt it light up all the time "2" was active?

PS: it is the LEFT decimal point, not the right one like on the seconds tubes.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com