Modular Kit Assembly Questions & Discussion

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #11737 by roadrune
The seller claims this is normal for IN-8-2, but he will replace it if it is not stable within a few minutes, the problem with that is whan i use blanking it will flicker every time the tubes start up.

Maybe i can just put the bad one in the 10H spot, then it shouldnt be to bad.

Fun fact: the tubes where shipped from Kiev in Ukrain so i choose to believe they where intended for Chernobyl :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #11738 by Ty_Eeberfest
I think I fixed the thread title. it should be appearing as "Modular Kit Assembly Questions & Discussion" now. I have no idea how it got changed.

I have just one question about the failing tube: in your earlier post you mentioned it would start to recover by the time the 1 minute test cycle ended. Are you still running the clock in test mode or is it now in normal clock mode, i.e. have you let it run the HV calibration yet? Until the HV calibration has been run the voltage to the tubes may be not be correct.

I always imagined my Russian tubes were intended for use in the cockpit of a MIG fighter jet. But Chernobyl sounds good too. In the last few seconds of the life of Reactor 4 I wonder if every Nixie in the control room glowed like a light bulb from the radiation?!

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BS_Jim

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #11739 by roadrune
Yes, still in test mode. I finished the case today, and need to solder the sensors and button before i start it up.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #11740 by jjansen

Ty_Eeberfest wrote:
I always imagined my Russian tubes were intended for use in the cockpit of a MIG fighter jet. But Chernobyl sounds good too. In the last few seconds of the life of Reactor 4 I wonder if every Nixie in the control room glowed like a light bulb from the radiation?!

If you watch the HBO miniseries Chernobyl, you can spot some Nixies. They are used to display the power output from the reactor.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #11741 by Ty_Eeberfest
@roadrune - I'll withhold judgement on the flickering tube until after you run HV calibration and are running in normal clock mode.

@jjansen - thanks for that info, I've never watched that miniseries but will now check it out.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #11754 by roadrune

Then i consider myself done, but ofcourse i have a question; if i choose always blank it goes black all the time, is that not the right setting when using PIR?
It detects movement and indicates so on the seconds tube.
Attachments:

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com