Arduino All-in-one / Wifi - time is correct in config but not on clock

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #11268 by culinandy
Hi there,

Just finished building my all-in-one arduino with the wifi addon. LOVE IT! I have one strange issue though.

If I power up the clock cold, it goes through the calibration cycle and then starts showing the time as 12:35. If I log into the Wifi control panel, it has the correct time from NTP.

Sometimes if I let it sit, after an hour or so it might catch up - but otherwise the only way I've been able to get them sync is with the main clock powered on, unhook VCC to the wifi module and plug in it back in. As soon as the wifi module boots back up the clock updates and shows the correct time.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #11269 by Ian
When you look at the summary page in the browser, do you see the client reported at address 105?

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #11270 by Ian
It sounds to me like the level shifter not working correctly - please check the joints on the FETs in the shifter circuit.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #11271 by culinandy
All the solder joints look good, I touched up a few and no joy.

It does recognize the I2C slave:

https://imgur.com/a/DQGxCCP

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Ian. Reason: Put image in line

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #11272 by Ian
That looks perfect. Every time the "Time last update" gets to 60000, it should send a time update to the clock. 60000 is 60000 milliseconds, so that is once per minute, which is much more often than needed.

If you can watch the summary over a few minutes to make sure that the time is read from the server reliably ("Time according to server" shows you what came back), and that the "I2C slave" is reliable and does not disappear.

If you have a scope, there's plenty to look at, but one thing at a time...

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #11273 by Ian
Just one more thing: The "(ping)" means that the clock answered with an answer that was correct, so I'm a bit puzzled why it is not working correctly.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com