Newbe with All in one 6 digit - editing firmware help

More
3 months 3 days ago #11188 by LabGnome
I tried to search the forum and find the answer - maybe it is already here and I missed it. I have an all in one clock that I substituted the IN-14 tubes for IN 8-2 tubes. I edited the "byte decodeDigit" section of code to match my tubes but now I can not seem to upload it back to the arduino chip. I get the following error:

ardunixFade9_6_digit_edit:31:10: error: DS3231.h: No such file or directory

#include <DS3231.h> // github.com/NorthernWidget/DS3231 (Wickert 1.0.2)

^~~~~~~~~~

Multiple libraries were found for "Wire.h"
compilation terminated.

Used: C:\Program
Multiple libraries were found for "EEPROM.h"
Used: C:\Program
exit status 1
DS3231.h: No such file or directory

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 days ago - 3 months 3 days ago #11190 by Ty_Eeberfest
The gist of that pile of messages from the compiler is that your Arduino IDE doesn't have the right DS3231 library installed, or it's installed and somehow got broken. Get the library and (re?)install it using the normal Arduino IDE method of manually installing libraries.

Libraries can be gotten here:
bitbucket.org/isparkes/nixiefirmwarev1/src/master/libraries/

The rest of the messages are "noise" that should go away once you get your libraries situated.

You may find that once you install DS3231 library that it next complains about missing TimeLib. If so, get and install TimeLib in the same manner.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
Last edit: 3 months 3 days ago by Ty_Eeberfest.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #11212 by Justdigit
HI can you share your code?. It's a bit abracadabra for me. I have the IN8 tubes so also different pin layout than IN8-2.

Maybe I can reverse engineer it back to IN8.

Better wire with software than with wires going to be a mess.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #11213 by LabGnome
Thank you Ty_Eeberfest I got it uploading - now to just get the right order. Although I think I soldered the pin for the #1 into the anode spot :silly:

Justdigit - below is the section of code you want to edit

byte decodeDigit[16] = {2,3,7,6,4,5,1,0,9,8,10,10,10,10,10,10};

The "10" are just place holders from what I understand. I have literally just changing all the digits (except the 10s) to the same number and seeing what lights. This is how I figured I am using the #1 as the anode - because I don't get that number in any of my tubes and some values do not light any numbers.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #11214 by Ian
I really need to get rid of the '10's in there - it was a left over from the past and doesn't serve any purpose any more.

The approach of swapping things out and seeing what happens in not a bad one. There is a way of figuring it out, but it's a bit of a long journey.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #11239 by LabGnome
Alright so I am now going with IN-16 tubes 1) because it is what I have on hand 2) the IN-14 are more than i want to pay for at this time (i should have researched this more before jumping in) 3) The IN8-2 tubes i bought were all half dead.

So what i have been able to figure out by process of elimination is that pin positions 2 and 13 are not addressed for IN-14 tubes - but these positions on the board are where digits 0 and 1 have pins on the IN-16 tubes. Seems that these cannot be addressed in the code? I am going to do some deeper reading of the code but any help would be welcomed.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com