V3 modular : first clock build : question

More
3 months 1 week ago #11131 by kekmark1
Hi, I have a lot of electronics experience but this is my first NiXie clock build. I am just going to start this topic and put any questions I have into it as I build it. I completed the HV section and it all test out good. Right now I am building the tube socket Portion of the clock. I’ll post a picture here if I am able to. I just wanted to see if it looks like I soldered the LED and capacitor correctly, also for the standoff plug-ins I’m assuming that the large long block goes on the main PCB and the short sections go into the socket PCBs where the tube is actually mounted is. Is this correct I’ll post a picture of them as well if I am able to.
Thanks for the help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #11132 by kekmark1
Moderator Edit: This was a duplicate post but I'm leaving it here because a few of the photos are different from the previous post.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Ty_Eeberfest.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #11133 by Ty_Eeberfest
Moved your post to the Kit Support forum where it's more likely to be seen by the right people. Builders Forum is (supposed to be) for scratch-builds and doesn't get much traffic.

I don't see any problems with how you've put the tube carrier board in your pix together. The SMT soldering looks okay though a tighter close-up pic might be useful. You are correct about the connectors: pin headers on the tube carrier boards, sockets on the main board.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Ty_Eeberfest.

More
3 months 1 week ago #11135 by kekmark1
Thank you, I’ll be posting often as I work my way through this

More
3 months 1 week ago #11136 by kekmark1
I may have not gotten farther enough into the Construction manual for this but should I sold in R2 19 4 6 8 10 12 and conn–iscp before solder in the stand-offs? Also what what’s RHDP and LHDP and which should I use?

More
3 months 1 week ago #11137 by Ty_Eeberfest
LHDP = Left-Hand Decimal Pointv
RHDP = Right-Hand Decimal Point
If you look closely you'll see that RHDP is already connected. I suggest leaving it alone.

I don't think the assembly order of the parts you're asking about really matters. Do it whichever way you find less awkward. I'd probably do the resistors before the sockets but really it's up to you.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com