WiFi Time Provider not working after firmware update

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #10931 by Ohm711
Hi, I have ClassicWiFi Rev5 clock kit. It was working fine for about 2 years. Now I decided to do firmware update. Old firmware was 4807. I have zero expeirence with arduino. I bought Arduino UNO, inserted processor from clock and uploaded latest firmware. Clock works, firmware is 57, but they will not update time from wifi. Also after pressing button two times, it will show 10, which means "The clock does not have a time provider installed, and is
working off the internal time source. (Not accurate)". But wifi module is installed and works. I can connect to it in my browser. I tried factory reset, but evverything is the same.
So, clock works, wifi module works, but clock doesn't see wifi module.
Please, can somebody help me? I did something wrong, but I don't know what.
Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #10932 by Ty_Eeberfest
You will have to upgrade the code in the WiFi module to the same version as you now have running in the clock. Clock and WiFi versions need to match or it's likely they won't talk to each other. You can get the latest WiFi code from the same place you got the clock code.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #10933 by Ohm711
Thanks. I was afraid I have to update it as well.
I tried it now, but it is much more complicated than update of clock. I don't know what to do.
Any chance somebody can help me how to update wifi time provider?

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #10934 by Ty_Eeberfest
Does the code compile successfully for you? If not, what sort of errors is it giving? Missing libraries is the most common problem people experience.

Do you have an ESP-01 programming device? Something like this:
Link to ESP Programmer on eBay

If you have the programming device it will show up as a serial (COMxx) port on your system. Tell the Arduino IDE to use that port for uploading.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #10935 by Ty_Eeberfest
Actually if you need to buy a programming device this one might be easier to work with because it has a built in switch to pull down GPIO-0 for programming. The super cheap one I linked above has no switch so you would have to mess with making a jumper to program with it.

Better ESP-01 Programming Device

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #10936 by Ian
I use one of these with two switches soldered onto it.

Even cheaper programmer

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com