Wifi module on rev2 board

More
7 months 1 week ago #10925 by Ty_Eeberfest
Okay, but the On Board WiFi is for All in One Rev.3, the WiFi with the little board is for Rev. 1 and Rev. 2 per this: www.nixieclock.biz/StoreAddOns.html

Here is what an All in One that can use the On-Board WiFi looks like. Look at the circled area - that is where the SMD and the ESP would go.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #10926 by Ty_Eeberfest

Sinzao wrote: and what are my options now?

You can exchange the WiFi kit for the right one, or maybe Ian can just send you the little board since it is the only thing different.

Your clock board looks pretty old, so you will probably need to update firmware so it can use the WiFi module. You can do that for free if you have the ability to re-flash the Atmega chip. If not you can order a new Atmega with the new firmware pre-installed. All you need to flash it yourself is an Arduino UNO, the Arduino IDE installed on a computer, and the firmware. Firmware is here:
bitbucket.org/isparkes/nixiefirmwarev1/s...rdunixFade9_6_digit/

More
7 months 1 week ago #10927 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Wifi module on rev2 board
I've already made a new order to send you the correct "offboard" time provider module! It should go out on Monday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ty_Eeberfest

More
7 months 1 week ago #10928 by Sinzao
Replied by Sinzao on topic Wifi module on rev2 board
Oh nice thank you very much, so then I need a newest firmware, I have spare arduino uno that way I can reflash my atmega right? Also should I send back those smd components?

More
7 months 1 week ago #10930 by Ty_Eeberfest
Yes. The clock's Atmega chip has the Arduino bootloader on it, so just put it in the UNO and flash it in the normal way.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #10957 by Sinzao
Replied by Sinzao on topic Wifi module on rev2 board
Hey guys I recieved wifi module and I flashed new firmware, I managed to connect it to my network but clock doesn't show time, only leds on clock board are blinking, when I power it on tubes show numbers and they go from 0 to 9 after that tubes are off and no time is shown?

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com