Wifi module on rev2 board

More
7 months 1 week ago #10918 by Sinzao
Hey guys

For a week am trying to get help from nixie support with no success, avoiding me? Cause I needed to sent 2 times how board looks, will get back, yada yada yada, I have this nixie clock for a 3 years now and I want to replace rtc module with wifi, so I ordered it and it arrived (see in att) but as am not that good at electronics to figure it by myself I thought there will be manual like for a clock itself, but nope, so I don't know where those smd components go on maindboard, any help would be much appreciated.

Regards, Dario
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #10919 by Ty_Eeberfest
Not sure what "nixie support" you were trying to get help from, but this forum is where support for Ian's Nixie Kits is handled.

Looking at the picture you posted I can see you have an All In One, Rev. 1 clock. I can't tell what all is in the WiFi parts bag. Take a look here:

www.nixieclock.biz/StoreAddOns.html

Which one do you have? "WiFi Time Provider" (top left) or "On-Board WiFi Time Provider" (top right)? For the clock you have you need the "WiFi Time Provider" (top left). The SMD components go on the little board that the ESP plugs into, as you can see in the picture. The "On-Board" WiFi kits are for a different model of clock.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
7 months 1 week ago #10920 by Sinzao
Replied by Sinzao on topic Wifi module on rev2 board
The funny thing is that I showed board I have cause didn't know which wifi I need and I got the one without little board, so I guees I got on board...

More
7 months 1 week ago #10921 by Sinzao
You can see on pic what Ive got and there werent any board i can solder parts on it, and I asked before purchase which one I need and someone from nixie store said ok send me pic of board I sent it and got parts which you can see in pic without board I can solder on, so I thought ok I need to solder it on main board but obviously not, and what are my options now?

More
7 months 1 week ago #10922 by Sinzao
It isn't rev1, on board it say rev2

More
7 months 1 week ago - 7 months 1 week ago #10923 by Ty_Eeberfest
Not sure who you were talking to when you ordered but yea, you got the wrong WiFi kit. You definitely need the one with the little board for your Rev. 2 clock - there's no place on a Rev. 1 clock to mount the SMD stuff.

You are going to need to talk to Ian to get this sorted - he is the only one who can ship parts (I'm half way around the world from where the parts are). You can try emailing him from the store site or wait for him to see and reply to this thread, or both. Sorry, but I can't do anything for you myself.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
Last edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Ty_Eeberfest.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com