Nixie Firmware v2 - use of setvalue

More
5 months 1 week ago #10670 by Gq
After I switched my All In One board to using Firmware v2, I'm now able to use NTP time service (with help from this thread: NTP-based WiFi time . That is a big deal.

Now for something even bigger: how do I use this version's capability of displaying arbitrary (to a certain extent) data?I looked at the user manual and there is no mention of that. There has been no discussion about it on the forum either. I looked around in the code and found setDisplayValuePageHandler() which is called by setvalue(). It appears there are three data types that can be passed to setvalue(): value, time and format.

A discussion of what each type of data represents, how to form a valid request and how to pass it to the web server would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #10697 by MikeS
This will display 123456 for ~5 seconds:
http://192.168.1.168/setvalue?value=123456

This will display 123456 for ~7 seconds (0<time<255, seconds; time=255, forever):
http://192.168.1.168/setvalue?value=123456;time=7

"format" does tricks (this blanks all but center two digits):
http://192.168.1.168/setvalue?value=123456;time=7;format=003300

formats:
#define BLANKED  0
#define DIMMED   1
#define FADE     2
#define NORMAL   3
#define BLINK    4
#define SCROLL   5
#define BRIGHT   6

Formats don't seem to always work right for me, but I've only played with it. e.g. changing using the scroll format results in weirdness of the seconds digits. Might be somewhat related to a bug (@Ian, take note!) in the code where formats for digits 3 and 5 are incorrectly set:
void loadDisplayConfigValue() {
  displayType[5] = valueDisplayType[2] & 0xf;
  displayType[4] = valueDisplayType[2] >> 4;
  displayType[5] = valueDisplayType[1] & 0xf;
  displayType[2] = valueDisplayType[1] >> 4;
  displayType[1] = valueDisplayType[0] & 0xf;
  displayType[0] = valueDisplayType[0] >> 4;
}

Finally, the date display @ :50 and cathode exercises override the manually set display when they're active.
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by MikeS.

More
5 months 1 week ago #10703 by Gq
Thank you for that very lucid explanation. Now, since my All In One is still running v1 firmware for the 328P controller, those commands do not work. I get a response from the webserver that says value sent but the display does not change. I tried to access the clock v2 firmware from the repository but that appears to be a broken link. Is there somewhere else I can find that code? Also, could you tell me which procedure in the controller processes this setvalue call?

More
5 months 1 week ago #10704 by MikeS
v1 won't handle setvalue. The Wi-Fi module will happily send the commands to the clock, and is correct in saying it did, but v1 firmware simply ignores them.

v2 firmware links works fine for me : bitbucket.org/isparkes/nixiefirmwarev2

More
5 months 1 week ago #10706 by Gq
I've been looking at the Manuals page of nixieclock.biz. There are two links for Nixie Firmware v2 and both of them point to a non-existent page. Your link points to the directory just above the file. Thanks, I'll have a look at it tonight.

More
5 months 6 days ago #10708 by Gq
Is there a logic diagram or flow chart for the code? It's a bit difficult to follow just using comments (some of which are obviously part of copy and paste sections that do not apply anymore) and procedure names.

By the way, loadNumberArrayValue() is declared on line 2007 but is never called. Also, look at the fourth line in the loadDisplayConfigValue() proc you provided above:
displayType[5] = valueDisplayType[1] & 0xf;
I think that 5 should be a 3 and could be the cause of your display problems.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com