12/24 hours format changes

More
8 months 1 week ago #10560 by John King
Clock works fine, connection to time server via WiFi works ok. I have the clock set to 24 houts format. It changes itself to 12 hours format. Sometimes the same day, sometimes after weeks, sometimes even after months. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #10561 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic 12/24 hours format changes
Hi John, never heard of anything iike that. Could you let me know the clock type and the version number (shown at start up). The options are stored in flash memory, so I don't see a way they can get forgotten, but clearly something is going on.

More
8 months 1 week ago #10562 by John King
Classic Nixie Clock Rev5, version 51, it is the version from august 2018. I agree , there is no other message reporting this. I have it since the beginning. My clock has the ESP WiFi module and the RTC on board. Removing the RTC clock does not solve it. The ESP WiFi module en RTC clock are not originally yours. I had them laying around here. I programmed the ESP WiFi module myself using an arduino and your manual. It could be an issue with that, although I can hardly imagine that that would change the format from 24 to 12 hour format randomly.

More
8 months 1 week ago - 8 months 1 week ago #10563 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic 12/24 hours format changes
There is one thing to check: the ESP module needs SPIFFS to be allowed; make sure that you flashed it with 64k SPIFFS. The configuration options are stored in SPIFFS, so that might be the problem.

Also note that if you are using an ESP-01, and have a PUYA flash, the standard code won't work because of the way the flash works. Please see the header in the source file, a modification needs to be made in the ESP source code. If you don't do this, the SPIFFS may be there, but still might not work.

Let me know...
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Ian.

More
8 months 1 week ago #10564 by John King
flashed it with 64k SPIFFS: I don't know, I just flashed the ESP-module and it worked, I don't know if it is specifically with 64k SPIFFS. This ESP unit has the PUYA chip, but also here, I just flashed the ESP and it worked.

I assume your EPS modules do not have the PUYA chip and are correctly flashed ? I might be worthwile to swap and see what happens. Although like I said, sometimes it takes day, sometimes weeks, sometimes months untill the change happens.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com