Clarification needed on the many versions, revs, and releases

More
8 months 5 days ago #10760 by Ionut
i attached some photos including one with the PCB, it only writes under the k155 driver Rev 4c and when i first started the clock i saw the tubes displaying the version 56. so i think that it runs with normal RGBs...but somehow i did something wrong and the RGB control does not work, otherwise the clock runs normally :-?

I am thinking if i do not find the problem, to put 3 switches for manually turning on the backlight colours...the ultimate desperate solution :-))...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 6 days ago #10761 by Ian
That's a rev4, so the software is right. Do the LEDs light up when the controller is out of the socket?

More
8 months 3 days ago #10774 by Ionut
yes, even if the controller is out of the socket, the RGB leds light up

More
8 months 3 days ago #10775 by Ty_Eeberfest

Ionut wrote: yes, even if the controller is out of the socket, the RGB leds light up

In that case there aren't many things that could be causing the problem. Your options are:

- Solder bridges
- Wiring errors
- 2N7000s installed the wrong way around

Look at the schematic. There's nothing much to the LED circuits.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
8 months 3 days ago #10778 by Ionut
I checked the wiring and it is OK, i left the 1kohm resistor on the PCB and I additionally soldered 1 kohm resistor on each led cathode and powered them from VIN. The 2N7000 transistors are mounted properly. And there are no solder bridges...
In the schematics it is written IRF 840 for the mosfet but in the construction manual for Rev4c it is written IRF640. Also in the schematics for the tick leds appears 2N7000 but in the construction manual is written MPSA42... I Don t know if this matters, but I just mentioned.
So.... Otherwise I Don t have any idea... What is the problem...

More
8 months 2 days ago #10786 by Ian
For the board you are building, there should be 3 x 2N7000 and 1 x MPSA42. Please check that the manual matches the board (Rev6 has 0 x 2N7000 and 2 x MPSA42).

The 2N7000 is static sensitive, and if they fail, they usually fail short. Could that be the problem?

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com