Classic Rev 6 with WiFi - performs tube test then tubes go blank.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #10166 by scalesr1
I fully expect that this is user error - failing to read the right part of the manual - however, I just put a Classic Rev 6 with WiFi together and have connected up a set of tubes that I used when testing a Classic Rev 5 with WiFi that I built a year or two ago.
All tube light up and count through 0-9 for about a minute and then the display goes blank.
I have a PIR connected and have connected to the ESP and set the WiFi. I can browse to the clock via the IP address that it got from my DHCP server and I can see that it has picked up time from the NTP source (which I set to time-zone-server.scapp.io/getTime/Europe/London ). The ESP code is v352.
I also not that when trying to change clock settings, it appears not to remember any changes that I make. For example. I change clock mode from 24hr to 12hr and click set (I also have to change the PIR timeout from the default of 0 to 60) then everything reverts back to as it was - ie clock mode is 24hr and PIR timeout is 0.
Which bit of the manual did I fail to read (this time!)?
Additionally, nothing is getting hot and I also note that there is a v357 available for the ESP firmware.
Kind regards
Richard
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by scalesr1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #10167 by scalesr1
After much failing to get newer WiFi firmware to do anything I resorted to holding the button for a full reset - et voila - all appears well.
I must have missed that somewhere.
Thank you for tolerating me!

Kind regards
Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian

More
1 year 1 month ago #10168 by MikeS

All tube light up and count through 0-9 for about a minute and then the display goes blank.

That's normal behavior, if you don't press the button when it's displaying "8", as described in the user manual (not the construction manual) Note that the currently posted manual says it's for v352, but it still applies to later versions.

I also not that when trying to change clock settings, it appears not to remember any changes that I make.

That will happen if the WiFi module isn't talking to the clock (possible hardware issue), or they have different versions. The versions of both have to match up (mostly, WiFi 357 will work with clock 355). The official currently posted WiFi is version "v357mjs.9", but there's a newer one pointed to here .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian, scalesr1

More
1 year 1 month ago #10169 by scalesr1
I was moderately confident that it was me - thank you for the confirmation.
I have now read the required part of the manual and not only is it abundantly clear what one has to do, I now remember going through a similar procedure when I built the Classic Rev5 with Wifi a year or two ago.

Thank you again.
Kind regards
Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com