Photoresistor not working on Arduino Nixie Clock software v56

More
1 year 1 month ago #10143 by MishuD
I followed the instruction, the button works correctly, but the software registers a light intensity of 999 regardless of the sensor's exposure. Has anyone experienced this problem? Can anyone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #10144 by Ian
Which clock is this on? (This helps me know the resistor number - but all the clocks have the same circuitry around the LDR).

Please check that you have the 10k resistor installed, which forms the other part of the potential divider. There is also a setting in software to ignore the LDR, please also make sure that this is off.

If you tell me the clock type, I can be more specific.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MishuD

More
1 year 1 month ago #10145 by Ty_Eeberfest
Which model of clock do you have? Do you literally mean you have the Arduino model (shield for an UNO) or is it one of the others (Classic, All In One, etc.)?

First thing, are you sure you have LDR Dimming enabled? This is Parameter 9 if you are using the button, or "Use LDR" radio buttons if you are using the WiFi interface.

You could check the signal from the photoresistor by reading the voltage ADC-1 is seeing. ADC-1 is Pin 24 of the Atmega chip, or A1 on the Analog header of an UNO. Does the voltage vary when you vary the light on the photoresistor? It should. Lower voltage for brighter light, higher voltage for dimmer light.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MishuD

More
1 year 1 month ago #10146 by MishuD
It is the Arduino All-in-One. And yes, for some dumb reason I forgot to mount the 10k on R17!. Followed your video tutorial, and it's not there, but it is in the instructions. Thank you so much for the quick response, works like a charm now

More
1 year 1 month ago #10147 by MishuD
It was enabled. I have a All-in-One arduino model. My dumb ass just forgot to mount the 10k resistor, as I followed ian's youtube videos, and didn't also check the instruction manual carefully (in the video, he skips mounting the 10k)

More
1 year 1 month ago #10148 by Ty_Eeberfest
Glad you got it working! Thanks for the follow-up and feedback.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com