Integration with Alexa and IFTTT to display different info. And noob questions

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #10118 by passa
Hello,

I wanted first to thank the creator(s) of this project. It is super exciting and a truly interesting idea!

I am a super noob so I apologize in advance if i say dumb things. You can simply tell me that I am ignorant and ignore me.

I still haven't purchased a clock, even though there is a sweet deal on ebay right now that is really tempting.

EBAY Link (fixed)

Said so I would like to ask you if someone was able to integrate Alexa and with IFTTT and Adafruit to show different commands simply activating them by voice. For example "Alexa show Hong Kong time" or "Alexa show date". I think this to me would make the value of this project jumping form really good to perfect. It should work according to what I know and it could be really fun.

I would like to ask you also if there is a really basic code just to show the time picked up online so i can try to work out this thing of Alexa by myself. Right now the code is far too complicated for me with all the fading and buttons and other things.
In addition I have an embarrassingly stupid question to ask. I don't understand how to power up the board (the one in the link). What am I supposed to connect, where and should I take into account certain voltages? I see that there is a plug but it is not mounted in and this makes it really confusing to me.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Ty_Eeberfest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #10122 by Ty_Eeberfest
Fixed your EBay link (the automatic EBay embedding feature on the forum isn't working now). At first I was thinking that he is selling a knock-off board but I guess he bought it as a kit from Ian, assembled it and is now selling it. So it seems to be genuine.

Power: you use a 9 or 12 volt external power supply rated at 1 amp or better. It connects to the pin header marked "SV1" which is in the top-left corner of the board in the pictures.

I don't know of anyone integrating it with Alexa yet but it should be possible with a bit of programming. Perhaps Ian will have something to say about this...

Current Time is handled by TimeLib [ playground.arduino.cc/code/time (Margolis 1.5.0) ] and can be grabbed by standard TimeLib calls. Something like this:

int myHours = hour();
int myMinutes = minute();
int mySeconds = second();
and so on...

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Ty_Eeberfest. Reason: Stupid typos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com